Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
so, my current system is

a10-5800k OC to 4.4ghz
gigabyte g1 gaming a88x
8gb Corsair vengeance
and a gtx 960 2gb.

and my setup is 1080p ultrawide

what I want to ask is 960 2gb still can handle the current game at least medium settings at 2560x1080 with an upgrade on a CPU? I mean high is nice, but medium is enough for me with smooth frame time. what I notice is that CPU bottleneck on old a10. with 100% CPU utilization and the GPU rarely reach 90% and the game is always stuttering. consistency really matters to me than higher frame rate. I rather running 60fps at 14ms frame time than 100+fps with up and down all the time.

I'm planning using the ryzen 2600x and hopefully b450 for the motherboard because I'm using this for content creation also for gaming. I was going to purchase the upgrade around June or August and later upgrade the GPU to 1060 6gb. what are you think about this and what you suggest should I do. should I wait, or just pull the trigger.

Solution
honestly the 960 is still a decent card I would use it until you feel like your card doesn't have enough power, at that time there may be new stuff coming out, but if you are truly wanting an upgrade the 11 series cards look like they might be a while
definitely a smart idea upgrading the CPU the 2600x is a great CPU I would do that first and wait on the graphics card until you are able to see the full performance of the card and if your not happy with the performance of the card after that then I would buy a new card

FauzanFma

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016

alright, about the card. should i just bought 10 series card or just wait for the next generation?

honestly the 960 is still a decent card I would use it until you feel like your card doesn't have enough power, at that time there may be new stuff coming out, but if you are truly wanting an upgrade the 11 series cards look like they might be a while

Solution

TRENDING THREADS