Question Did my GPU die ?

Aug 13, 2023
Not sure how to start here. I was playing some Valorant when the keyboard stopped working on my laptop, Went to see a guy, Fixed it, Then tried to log in, then my screen bugged out (went into high contrast, little edge of my right side went over to the left , and black dashed llines on my screen everywhere and full screen being frozen) Eventually after lots of restarting later, I finally got in, Tried Valorant again and same thing happened, Tried A less GPU-intensive game, same thing.
After lots of trys it kept happening and I gave up.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU to your laptop would help us two fold. Check Device Manager(assuming you're on Windows OS) and see if anything is flagged with a yellow exclamation mark. Use GPU-Z to also show you if any fields are shown with a 0(zero).

You might want to also see what BIOS version your laptop is on at this moment if you're able to get to the OS GUI.

Aug 13, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU to your laptop would help us two fold. Check Device Manager(assuming you're on Windows OS) and see if anything is flagged with a yellow exclamation mark. Use GPU-Z to also show you if any fields are shown with a 0(zero).

You might want to also see what BIOS version your laptop is on at this moment if you're able to get to the OS GUI.
Laptop is Asus Tuf Dash F15, SKU: Unknown? Device Manager , Nothing. GPUZ: Nothing.

Aug 15, 2023
Not sure how to start here. I was playing some Valorant when the keyboard stopped working on my laptop, Went to see a guy, Fixed it, Then tried to log in, then my screen bugged out (went into high contrast, little edge of my right side went over to the left , and black dashed llines on my screen everywhere and full screen being frozen) Eventually after lots of restarting later, I finally got in, Tried Valorant again and same thing happened, Tried A less GPU-intensive game, same thing.
After lots of trys it kept happening and I gave up.
Hi , try to test components , ram ,HDD , for ram you can use mem test from windows and for HDD you can use hd Sentinel , if in device manager all is ok regarding video driver , you can update bios and also after that , you can check for latest video driver and also for windows update just to have all up to date and test after that and see if work , very important the fan to be cleaned and the thermal paste to be ok just to avoid overheating, after that you can test the game and see if you have the same problem ,hope will help you.

TRENDING THREADS