Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2019
Recently, I overclocked my Radeon RX 580 XTR and my power limit and it performed well in specifically Fortnite for that day, maintaining frames of 200+. A day later, I got back on and I was getting no more than 150 FPS and sometimes dropping to 48 FPS for a good five seconds. There is a mode in Fortnite called “Creative,” in which users can customize an island with buildings, prefabs, and other structures. My friend and I have been playing on one specific island in which I was getting frames above 200 FPS before and the day of the overclock. A day after the overclock, when I look in certain directions, I get around 40 FPS and in the lobby with uncapped frames, I get no more than 200 FPS.

However there was the 10.2v update for the game a day before my overclock, so I’m not sure if that had an affect on anything. Most recent Radeon Drivers are installed, recent Windows drivers are installed, Power Plan set to High Performance, Fortnite set to high power performance. My settings are (and haven’t changed), View Distance: Far, Shadows: Off, Anti-Aliasing: Off, Textures: Low, Effects: Low, Post Processing: Low. I’m pretty confident that my graphics settings in game don’t have to do with anything. Is there an explanation and solution to restore those lost frames?

I also used MSI Afterburner and Radeon Settings to overclock my GPU and Wattage. I uninstalled MSI Afterburner after I noticed the negative effects so I’m not sure if the overclocks are still active.

Specifications:
Manufacturer: CyberPowerPC GMA2800BST
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC’ed to 3.5hz)
GPU: Radeon RX 580 XTR
RAM: 8gb DDR4
MOBO: MSI B350M Bazooka

Sep 6, 2019
Well, you should try testing without the overclocks then.
Is there any change?

I’m not sure how to revert the overclocks, that’s the problem. I uninstalled MSI AB with the fan speeds OC’ed and it sounds identical to when MSI AB was still installed. Are there any files I have to delete/uninstall to confirm the revert?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There was no need to uninstall Afterburner. The reset button restores everything to the card's default - that includes the fan curve.
Any overclocks are not set to apply at Windows startup. You have to set that yourself.

If all you did was go to the source folder, and right-click/delete, then you didn't uninstall it properly.
Go into Add or Remove Programs and do it right. Then reinstall it.

Sep 6, 2019
There was no need to uninstall Afterburner. The reset button restores everything to the card's default - that includes the fan curve.
Any overclocks are not set to apply at Windows startup. You have to set that yourself.

If all you did was go to the source folder, and right-click/delete, then you didn't uninstall it properly.
Go into Add or Remove Programs and do it right. Then reinstall it.

So will reinstalling MSI AB and then resetting the settings fix the stock settings? In short of what I did, I searched up “uninstall programs” in the start menu, and that took me to the list of all the apps, programs, software etc., that are currently installed. All I did was click the uninstall option under MSI AB. Are it’s overclock files still there?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So will reinstalling MSI AB and then resetting the settings fix the stock settings? In short of what I did, I searched up “uninstall programs” in the start menu, and that took me to the list of all the apps, programs, software etc., that are currently installed. All I did was click the uninstall option under MSI AB. Are it’s overclock files still there?
Since you uninstalled Afterburner through 'Uninstall Programs', that also removes the overclock profiles(they're in the same folder).
Now with that gpu OC out of the way, do the drops still happen?

Sep 6, 2019
Since you uninstalled Afterburner through 'Uninstall Programs', that also removes the overclock profiles(they're in the same folder).
Now with that gpu OC out of the way, do the drops still happen?
Yes, the drop still happens. Currently reinstalling Fortnite (which probably won’t fix anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.