Spades812

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015
Hi all,

ran into a bit of an issue earlier today, and am trying to diagnose it.

My computer no longer boots properly. The lights come on, fans spin, and everything seems typical. However it never displays the windows login screen, and as much as I’ve attempted I can’t seem to get into the BIOs either. I suspect that it’s my hard drive failing, and was hoping that If anyone else had experienced something like this they could lend some advice as to what else is broken.

For the record I recently installed new sticks of RAM a few weeks ago, and have had no issues with the start process until 3 days ago.

thanks in advance!

Solution
At this time, disconnect all drives except (C) drive.
See if it will boot up and connect one by one rebooting each time to see which hard drive has failed.
The SSD may be the point of failure, this happened to me.

Spades812

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015
Also, while I can’t quite recall what my specific specs for my computer are I’ll rattle off the ones I know.

MoBo - Asrock gaming z270

32 gb’s of ram

Geforce GTX 1080ti

several hard drives, and one SSD

processor is an I7, intel of some kind.

I’d love to get all the specifics, but as previously mentioned i can’t check the system information.

on a pc if there hardware failure it can cause you not to get into the bios. start with each hard drive unplug one of them at a time from the mb sata plug. before you do this see if you can feel if one is not spinning or it turning on and off. if you unplug the failing drive you should be able to get into the bios.

Spades812

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015
on a pc if there hardware failure it can cause you not to get into the bios. start with each hard drive unplug one of them at a time from the mb sata plug. before you do this see if you can feel if one is not spinning or it turning on and off. if you unplug the failing drive you should be able to get into the bios.
The hard-drive that I’m worried about, the one with windows installed, is an internal hard drive. Should i simply remove it from the Motherboard?

BlueQuazar1

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
At this time, disconnect all drives except (C) drive.
See if it will boot up and connect one by one rebooting each time to see which hard drive has failed.
The SSD may be the point of failure, this happened to me.

Solution