Did my heatsink/fan come with Thermal paste already included?

lvenereo01

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016
Hello, I'm attempting to build my own gaming PC and I have a question. The heatsink/fan that came with the CPU has this white like paste in a square that would perfectly be the shape and size of the CPU, I thought I was supposed to buy the thermal paste, my question is, is this the thermal paste and Is it okay to install the heatsink/fan with this paste? I have ordered the thermal paste however it will be arriving in 2 days and I would like to finish most of the build between today and tomorrow. Thanks

EDIT: This has been fixed, please ignore.

Solution
Based on your edit it looks like you already figured it out, but for the benefit of others, yes, the stock cpu cooler does come with thermal paste already applied. If you were to buy and install an aftermarket cooler then you would need to apply thermal paste.
Based on your edit it looks like you already figured it out, but for the benefit of others, yes, the stock cpu cooler does come with thermal paste already applied. If you were to buy and install an aftermarket cooler then you would need to apply thermal paste.

Solution