[SOLVED] Did my laptop burn?

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
I was just watching some youtube on my Latitude 3189, it randomly shut itself down like all power was unplugged. I had the charger connected and the battery was still like 70%. It smelled like it burnt. I have no idea if I can use it safely. Will it boot up like normal or will the battery or charger explode?

Solution
You should disconnect all sources of power from the laptop and proceed to disassemble it. With a magnifying glass you should inspect each square inch of the innards, to look for any burn/scorch marks. If you see nothing, you will need to rely on your nose to sniff out if any part of the motherboard/innards is giving off the burnt aroma, so to speak.

Lutfij

Titan
You should disconnect all sources of power from the laptop and proceed to disassemble it. With a magnifying glass you should inspect each square inch of the innards, to look for any burn/scorch marks. If you see nothing, you will need to rely on your nose to sniff out if any part of the motherboard/innards is giving off the burnt aroma, so to speak.

Reactions: Zapthos
Solution