Question Did my motherboard die while moving?

Teaski

Honorable
Mar 27, 2014
On the day of moving into a new home, my pc was working fine prior to packing it up and moving. After setting everything up, I powered up and get...nothing. No video input to any monitor from any output from the GPU. Bios did not flash, no post beeping at all for that matter.

Pulled out all the RAM and recieved a no ram post beeping error. Put ram into multiple configurations to no avail. Reset the CMOS settings, no change. I also used a confirmed working GPU and PSU from a local computer repair shop, and yet still the same error, no video, bios, or post beep. I recently purchased a used Corsair AX760, it tested for having a slight over-voltage.

Although I haven't had any noticeable issues happen until now after I moved my pc. But using a confirmed good psu and receiving the same problem rules out the PSU right? Is my motherboard fried?

I7 4820k LGA2011
ASUS x79 sabertooth
GtX 980
Ax760 PSU
Corsair vengeance ddr3 1600

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Disconnect your hard drive(s) and see if it will post. Could also be a grounding issue. A gentle shake of the computer should tell you if anything is loose/rolling around.

If still no luck, unplug any motherboard connector that goes to another connection (case audio and USB for example) and see if that makes a difference.

Teaski

Honorable
Mar 27, 2014
I've decided im going to pull everything out of the case and have another go at troubleshooting on a test bench. Will update after.

Thanks for the replys.