Did my motherboard die?

Marreez

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
Hey, I'm experiencing a very weird situation. I came home, powered on my pc and went out to the living room. When I came back after 10 min, my pc was turned off. So i tried turning it on and not a single thing happens.

Here's what i tried to troubleshoot so far:

*Unplugged everything except 24 pin + 4/4 pin cpu and 8/6 pin gpu
*Tried booting with all 4 DIMMs one at a time in all slots.
*Even tried booting without any ram, if im correct, it should boot but not post
*Tried to boot barebone again, but with motherboard outside the case
*Tried my PSU in a different PC, worked like a charm
*Reset cmos using jumper on mobo
*Reset cmos by removing the battery for over an hour
*Tried booting without graphics card
*Tried a different power cord to the psu
*Tried shorting the power pins to boot, in case the power button somehow gave up on life

When i flip the psu switch, there's a green light on the mobo, same as i had before. Also no red lights. But once i try to boot nothing happens, not a single fan moves, nothing. However, everytime after i reset cmos and try to boot, the fans including gpu and cpu moves 1/8 of a spin. But not even the power led on the case lights up. This is only the first time after trying to boot after a cmos reset though, everytime after that is no sign of life with nothing moving at all.

Specs:
i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz
Asus P8P67 Pro
R9 280X
4x2GB DDR3
Corsair TX650

I've seen a lot of people complaining on the same motherboard I have, suddenly dying after a few months, getting a new one on RMA and then DOA. Suddenly dead sata ports (which happened to me), doesn't boot with some ram etc.

I'm 99% sure the motherboard is dead, but is there anything else I should try that i already haven't?