[SOLVED] Did My Motherboard Die?

May 5, 2020
Hello all,

I recently built my new pc.
Gigabyte B450M Ds3h
Ryzen 2600x
Gtx 1660 super
16gb ram

It was all fine for about a week. I decided to try RBG Fusion app for my leds and upon opening the app it said please wait and then my pc shut off. It doesn't cut on anymore. So I thought it was my psu, did the psu test and that works fine with extra fans plugged into them and my harddrives. But when I plug in the 24 pin and click power on my case nothing happens. So i thought it was the case and tried to power it on using the pins on the mobo still nothing happened. Is my mobo dead? I've tried clearing cmos and everything I can think of.

Solution
If absolutely no response when you try to power on, then it may be:
  • faulty motherboard
  • faulty PSU.
  • Something you've overlooked (i.e. wall power or the little on/off switch on the psu, or a power plug to the mobo not connected)
If you cannot spot any obvius reason for why it fail to start, you can try to disconnect from AC power, hot power button, then connect AC power, and then try power button again.
If absolutely no response when you try to power on, then it may be:
  • faulty motherboard
  • faulty PSU.
  • Something you've overlooked (i.e. wall power or the little on/off switch on the psu, or a power plug to the mobo not connected)
If you cannot spot any obvius reason for why it fail to start, you can try to disconnect from AC power, hot power button, then connect AC power, and then try power button again.

Solution
May 5, 2020
Yes. Downloaded and installed TGB Fusion. Opened it and got a please wait screen. Pc cut off and didn't turn back on. Checked psu, cleared cmos, reseated everything. I enedup just ordering a different motherboard and sending this one back. Hopefully that didn't damage my cpu or anything.