[SOLVED] Did my motherboard mess up?

SpaceMadness

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
So I was remodeling my room and moved my desk to the other side of the room. I connected the Ethernet to my computer and powered it up. The Ethernet light didn’t come on and one of the fans didn’t turn on. I connected my keyboard (which is RGB) and it lit up. After that I connected my mouse, which lit up for 1 second and then it turned off. Is my motherboard half dead? Or is it something else in my computer which is causing this problem. FYI I bought a new Ethernet cable and connected it to my computer before powering it up. :(

Solution
How did you move the computer? Did you leave it on the desk where it may have been bumped about?

Or even if the computer was moved separately it could have been bumped and wiggled.

Unplug and open the case and check all card seatings, RAM seatings, cable connections, and jumpers.

Look for something that may have come loose. Some component or connection could well have already been loose but not loose enough to stop working. The move then caused a full disconnect.

Ralston18

Titan
How did you move the computer? Did you leave it on the desk where it may have been bumped about?

Or even if the computer was moved separately it could have been bumped and wiggled.

Unplug and open the case and check all card seatings, RAM seatings, cable connections, and jumpers.

Look for something that may have come loose. Some component or connection could well have already been loose but not loose enough to stop working. The move then caused a full disconnect.

Solution