[SOLVED] Did my motherboard short circuted?

Aug 17, 2020
Hello i recently re applied thermal paste on my cpu it started to run rather hot .since it never came with all the screws i needed to propperly fasten the mobo with i went with the 4 main ones so i grabbed a random screw to make sure i dind break anything it dind touch the back of the case but dind have one of those extra thumb like screws underneath it where the screw normally screws into there was no thermal paste in the socket or on the pins the screw was the only thing that i changed went to power it on the powerbutton led broke the fans were spinnig and other led's still burned i dind smelly anything burning

SPECS.
Psu: corsair vs 650
Cpu: ryzen 5 2400g
Ram: DDr4 vulcan teamgroup 3000mhz 2x 8gig
Gpu: gigabyte 2080 super
Hardrive: 1terrabyte

Sorry for my typing im on my phone do you think my hardware is still ok??

Solution
Hello i recently re applied thermal paste on my cpu it started to run rather hot .since it never came with all the screws i needed to propperly fasten the mobo with i went with the 4 main ones so i grabbed a random screw to make sure i dind break anything it dind touch the back of the case but dind have one of those extra thumb like screws underneath it where the screw normally screws into there was no thermal paste in the socket or on the pins the screw was the only thing that i changed went to power it on the powerbutton led broke the fans were spinnig and other led's still burned i dind smelly anything burning

SPECS.
Gpu: gigabyte 2080 super...

RealBeast

Titan

SPECS.
Gpu: gigabyte 2080 super
Hardrive: 1terrabyte

Sorry for my typing im on my phone do you think my hardware is still ok??
Hard to say until you pull everything out and do a bench build on a sheet of cardboard (non-conductive material). And then you will know if it is just a simple short and something is damaged. And get another proper screw and standoff so you don't have pressure applied where it shouldn't be.

Solution