Did my psu die?

Oct 28, 2018
Basically I was plugging in a random USB cable to the back of my pc, the space was a bit akward and I accidentally hit the psu cable and my pc shut off.Now it boots for one second then shuts down all the time. Anyone know for sure it’s my psu? The pins dont look bent or anything,maybe I damaged something on the other end of the connector? Everytime it boots the fans, motherboard lights up practically every led lights up until it shuts down 1 second later. Also when I did hit the cable I heard some wierd electric spark so is it possible the motherboard or anything else may have been affected? The psu in question is a 750 evga Bq 80+ bronze. Motherboard is z370 A Pro. This is especially convenient as I was expecting a new graphics card in 12 hours....

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Only way to really know is test with another psu.

You could maybe test this one taking it out,connecting a fan via molex and see if it (the fan) keeps running,but this still will be only a light load so a larger load might trip the protection again (which i think kicks in).If the fan would stop when doing this should you replace the psu anyway.

Oct 28, 2018
Well...
Guess the issue was just a ram stick gone bad, but I really would like to know why and how did it even happen. At first I thought it definetly would’ve been an issue with the psu or the mobo considering what happened before; hit the psu cable, heard a spark noise and then it did the one second boot stuff. Like if It was a wierd electric surge why only the ram?(I hope)

TRENDING THREADS