Did my PSU kill my GPU ? and how to make sure?

Sep 4, 2018
Today, my 5 years old GTX 760 has died after running a game for 20min,driver has crashed and red dots are everywhere on the screen (same issue with different drivers and even after clean installation for win10).
through the whole 5 years,i've never overcloacked it and the temp never went over 80C.
I'm willing to buy a new gpu,but how do i know that my PSU Corsair TX650m isn 't the cause of this?

few things you can do,

take apart of the gpu, and visually inspect the gpu, could be a blown component. in that case, you might be able to revive the card.

as for psu, you could test out the voltage 12v, 5v and 3.3v. underload, however unless you have proper testing tools, it's very difficult to tell if the psu is faulty (big voltage ripples, and such)

if you are not sure and don't want to risking it, rma or replace the psu (i think tx650m has a 7 year warranty).

Sep 4, 2018

is there any risk of plugging a new gpu in there,i mean my pc is running pretty well except the faulty gpu (i can't install the Nvidia driver otherwise it'll crash)
edit:i've already checked my gpu,i don't see any blown component