Question Did something bad happen or just to re do?

Dec 3, 2019
To make a long story short I managed to boot into bios using some old ram memory I had. Simple 1600 MHz ddr3. However I decided to go for another type of ddr3. Same frequency etc because I had more of them laying around. I realised something was wrong when I tried to OC the chip. Turns out my memory wasnt compatible to asus z87-a. I replaced them to compatible ones. However I experience some problems. Should I reinstall Windows and bios to fix this or is some damage Done? The ram memory that wasnt compatible is corsair vengeance 1600 MHz ddr3 4 Gb.. and the motherboard is Asus z87-a with a 4770k if that matters. Thanks in advance

To make a long story short I managed to boot into bios using some old ram memory I had. Simple 1600 MHz ddr3. However I decided to go for another type of ddr3. Same frequency etc because I had more of them laying around. I realised something was wrong when I tried to OC the chip. Turns out my memory wasnt compatible to asus z87-a. I replaced them to compatible ones. However I experience some problems. Should I reinstall Windows and bios to fix this or is some damage Done? The ram memory that wasnt compatible is corsair vengeance 1600 MHz ddr3 4 Gb.. and the motherboard is Asus z87-a with a 4770k if that matters. Thanks in advance
no damage done, however you may need to rest your bios using the jumpers refer to your book for his all mobos are different spots. as for your oc problem. Did you under clock your ram as you were ocing your cpu? ass you oc your cpu you oc your ram with it and these sticks yes aren't compatible but also aren't oc'able.

Dec 3, 2019
Yeah I did.. however I did this build for fun as an extra gaming rig. Not familiar with asus bios so I really dont know im doing in bios to be honest. I really dont like the say you set you xmp profile and oc of memory. Also have zero experience with cpu cache ratio and cpu input voltage..

if someone can clarify those things :/ i did flash bios to the latest version and a fresh install. These problems might also have some things in common with the 6 year old PSU im using in this rig.. i have really no Idea. Plan to really look into this PSU. I had a 500 80+ bronze but im not sure its enough.

Dec 3, 2019
To be mentioned. I did not experience the usual OC problems. Just like the pc shut down randomly within 10 minutes of Windows..never had a blue screen or error messages aswell i did notice improvement at default settings but I also had the problem with PC going down.. and just after 1-2 minutes its start booting again. These odd symptoms is the reason I think this old 600w PSU is going downhill! Would like to hear others opinion! Cheers