Question Did this brick my motherboard?

Nov 15, 2022
I’ve went through the simpler diagnostics to determine what component isn’t working in my system, and narrowed it down to the motherboard. I noticed This.
Could this have made my motherboard stop working? I cant RMA as the warranty is over. What methods could I take to try and fix this? Would this be what is causing the issues?

Edit: Issues being unable to post, no display. Everything recieved power, fans spin up, rgb on cpu fan lights up, but corsair fans spin up with no light.

Nov 15, 2022
Are you sure these weren't knocked off by chance when you were trying to physically diagnose your problem? It's unlikely that they'd have been damaged just being in the case.
The only thing that may have caused it was accidental contact when installing my gpu. Are these crucial components? would they be the reason it doesn’t post?

The only thing that may have caused it was accidental contact when installing my gpu. Are these crucial components? would they be the reason it doesn’t post?
They are not resistors they are transistors in an SO-23 package and active devices. Yes, that damage could easily be the reason the system won't post. Damage to an active device almost always means the circuit it's in cannot function as designed, but it's uncertain just what circuit it may be.

The best you can do is try to remove them completely. The reason is they're skewed and might be shorting out pins on adjacent pads and that's the reason it won't start. But even if it can be made to post something won't work, or won't work right. Hopefully it's not an expensive motherboard but if so it's a repairable defect so keep the transistors for the tech to find a replacement to solder on.

Last edited: