Didn't clean install windows and everything is fine?

Mongrel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
I got an i7700 bundle for christmas which included a new mobo. I was gonna do a clean install of windows when I got it and I already had the win 10 usb on it. The usb didn't boot for some reason and I just logged in and everything is fine.. Performance is fantastic, I guess some are lucky? :)

Merry Christmas

Solution
Everytime MS makes a new version of windows, it gets better and better. From my limited testing, win7 was good at handling mass hardware changes, I can only imagine 10 is even better. Test it out, if you don't seem to have any issues then enjoy. If you start noticing odd things happening, then just format and reinstall. It doesn't cost more than a few minutes to see if it boots. And the odds are really good now that it will work just fine.

USAFRet

Titan

You mean it just booted up from your original HDD or SSD?
Yes, that sometimes happens.

Mongrel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

Yeah I installed the hardware, signed into windows and everything was fine :)

4745454b

Titan
Everytime MS makes a new version of windows, it gets better and better. From my limited testing, win7 was good at handling mass hardware changes, I can only imagine 10 is even better. Test it out, if you don't seem to have any issues then enjoy. If you start noticing odd things happening, then just format and reinstall. It doesn't cost more than a few minutes to see if it boots. And the odds are really good now that it will work just fine.

Solution