[SOLVED] didnt screw motherboard standoffs

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
Stupid me just realised that i forgot to screw motherboard standoffs, and the pc is working fine, [its been 2 months since i got the new motherboard], so should i put them ? or no need ?

Solution
i said standoffs, not normal screws.

Unless there is a standoff which is a pin that keeps your motherboard vertically standoffs does not keep the board in place. Screws are.

So if you didn't screw the board on the standoff it means you have a middle standoff that act as a pin to keep that board in place.

I would screw your motherboard before that case move or you bump it and the board just fall in the case.
i said standoffs, not normal screws.

Unless there is a standoff which is a pin that keeps your motherboard vertically standoffs does not keep the board in place. Screws are.

So if you didn't screw the board on the standoff it means you have a middle standoff that act as a pin to keep that board in place.

I would screw your motherboard before that case move or you bump it and the board just fall in the case.

Solution

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020

actually as i remember i did screw it straight to the case.

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
Motherboard standoffs provide an electrically-safe spacer between the motherboard and the case. This is important, as case paneling is often made of steel and would cause a direct short (short circuit) if the motherboard were to make contact with the case.
Apologize everyone, i realised my case have them after i took off the motherboard.