[SOLVED] Difference between 3pin 5v RGB fan connector and 4pin 5v RGB fan connector

Jul 3, 2019
What is the difference between the two besides the number of pins? is there an advantage in using one over the other? which one is more future proof?

Solution
One of the connectors is much smaller and flimsier the 3 pin and the 4 pin is what is used on most computer motherboards today however some controllers like the Corsair Commander Pro use it and most of their rgb line up other than that i don't think that 3pin is that common, i think personally there is an advantage to 4 pin in compatibility, i know more companies which use 4 pin than 3 pin and that seemingly makes it more futureproof

Zdos123

Honorable
Oct 26, 2016
One of the connectors is much smaller and flimsier the 3 pin and the 4 pin is what is used on most computer motherboards today however some controllers like the Corsair Commander Pro use it and most of their rgb line up other than that i don't think that 3pin is that common, i think personally there is an advantage to 4 pin in compatibility, i know more companies which use 4 pin than 3 pin and that seemingly makes it more futureproof

Solution