Question Difference between 9900K and KF

King Wesley

Honorable
Jul 19, 2014
So I was looking at getting a i9-9900k on new egg and then noticed the 9900KF which is like $60 more. I’d be using the cpu for a high end gaming rig so is there something the KF has that would matter to me? I’m not well versed in the specifics of hardware but the only thing I noticed in using the comparison tool was that the memory type for the KF is ddr4 and the K is ddr4 2666, is that something of significance?

King Wesley

Honorable
Jul 19, 2014
One has the integrated GPU on it while the other doesn't. Both can be overclocked but due to manufacturing issues, Intel had to resort to selling processors that were previously unfit to be sold as a i9-9900K.
Ok I did see the K had the integrated graphics I guess it didn’t make sense that it would be less. As far as the memory type of the K being 2666, does that have anything to do with ram compatibility? I was looking at getting some of the trident 3600 ram.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no
How the hell, the KF is more expensive compared to K, just checked and i cant believe this. What is wrong with the retailers.

nothing is wrong with the retailers. real question is what is wrong with the people actually buying these broken/previously unaccepted cpu's at a premium. can't blame the retailers from setting a price fools are willing to pay. i'm just wondering why this product isn't forced to be $100 cheaper due to no one buying them. instead, they sell out quick as they can be pulled from the garbage bin, put in a box and priced higher than fully working models.