Question Difference between Apacha Kafka (Connect) and Kafka MirrorMaker2?

Sep 4, 2020
Good afternoon to you all,

in the course of my work I have already worked with many data processing programs. Especially Apacha Kafka has always convinced me so far, so that I have actually used it for all our data streams. It worked quickly, the data was well prepared so that you could continue working with it.

But now Apacha Kafka has brought a new program to the market ... MirrorMaker 2 is the name of the game. But I can't really do anything with this program because I don't understand the difference between it and Kafka Connect or the traditional Apache Kafka.

Does anyone know more about it?

Aug 12, 2020
Good afternoon to you all,

in the course of my work I have already worked with many data processing programs. Especially Apacha Kafka has always convinced me so far, so that I have actually used it for all our data streams. It worked quickly, the data was well prepared so that you could continue working with it.

But now Apacha Kafka has brought a new program to the market ... MirrorMaker 2 is the name of the game. But I can't really do anything with this program because I don't understand the difference between it and Kafka Connect or the traditional Apache Kafka.

Does anyone know more about it?
These two products are not really very different. They support the consumption of a data stream by multiple consumers, ensure the decoupling of data producer and consumer systems, and allow the consumption of messages in real time and in batch mode.

They are messaging systems distributed in publish-subscribe mode, capable of easily increasing the load, supporting very important data rates and ensuring the persistence of the data it receives.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS