[SOLVED] Difference between Asrock MB

Solution
What's a difference between in motherboards B450 HDV and B450 HDV R4.0 ?
Usually an end-item rev rolls for some minor hardware change. Such as when they start another production run and they can't get all the same parts so they change some with minor design effort so they work. Or a change that helps it do what it should have done before but didn't do so well.

But I'm not sure about Asrock...they might do it when they change the shipping BIOS too. So Rev. 0 might have been the first Summit Ridge BIOS, with 1,2,and 3 being later Summit Ridge and then Pinnacle Ridge BIOS's.

You might have to look really closely to find any difference at all. One thing, though, is it probably doesn't mean a major change in basic functionality...
What's a difference between in motherboards B450 HDV and B450 HDV R4.0 ?
Usually an end-item rev rolls for some minor hardware change. Such as when they start another production run and they can't get all the same parts so they change some with minor design effort so they work. Or a change that helps it do what it should have done before but didn't do so well.

But I'm not sure about Asrock...they might do it when they change the shipping BIOS too. So Rev. 0 might have been the first Summit Ridge BIOS, with 1,2,and 3 being later Summit Ridge and then Pinnacle Ridge BIOS's.

You might have to look really closely to find any difference at all. One thing, though, is it probably doesn't mean a major change in basic functionality, certainly not one that affects market position as that would merit a complete new model change.

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 16, 2020

You might have to look really closely to find any difference at all. One thing, though, is it probably doesn't mean a major change in basic functionality, certainly not one that affects market position as that would merit a complete new model change.

Oh well. I was just surprised that HDV has a different arrangement of mosfets than R4.0, so if it didn't make a difference.