Difference between crucial m500 and samsung 840 evo???

Just wondering if anyone knows firsthand real world performance difference between the m500 and 840 evo. I'll be using it as an OS and game drive. So things that matter to me are how quickly it will load windows and also games, specifically BF4 maps inbetween matches. I know the EVO is overall the better drive, but would I really notice a difference?

Solution

I agree that Crucial makes good products. I love my Crucial memory!

But as far as who makes what, Samsung makes the nand flash chips, the controller and the firmware it their SSDs. Can the same be said for Crucial?

Yogi

H4X3R

Distinguished
I was faced by the same decision. I ended up going for a 480GB M500. Here are some reasons why:
1) the flash memory on the m500 lasts longer than the 840 evo as the evo stresses each flash memory cell 33% more than the m500 which reduces lifespan.
2) at higher capacities the speed difference between the 840 evo and m500 is minimal.
3) crucial is a reputable company that i trust. The build quality of the m500 feels great.

If you are getting a 120gb ssd i think the spedd difference is greater between the 2 and the samsung 840 evo wins in that respect (although i would personally still buy crucial m500).

I agree that Crucial makes good products. I love my Crucial memory!

But as far as who makes what, Samsung makes the nand flash chips, the controller and the firmware it their SSDs. Can the same be said for Crucial?

Yogi

Solution