Question Difference between different 4080 Super

RedamnTion

Prominent
Nov 26, 2022
Guys I'm looking to upgrade my ROG STRIX 1080ti which has faithfully served its duty for 7 years. I'm wondering which of the following 4080 SUPERs you would recommend?

1) INNO3D 2slot at $7999 HKD
2) PNY VERTO at $7999 HKD
3) ASUS TUF at $9699 HKD
4) ASUS Proart at $10399 HKD
5) Or any other 4080SUPER you guys think I should go for.

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to include links to all the GPU's you've listed above. As it stands I see two SKU's for the ProART. We've established that you're located in Hong Kong due to your currency.

Make and model of your case and your PSU's make and model and age?

Reactions: RedamnTion

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Guys I'm looking to upgrade my ROG STRIX 1080ti which has faithfully served its duty for 7 years. I'm wondering which of the following 4080 SUPERs you would recommend?

1) INNO3D 2slot at $7999 HKD
2) PNY VERTO at $7999 HKD
3) ASUS TUF at $9699 HKD
4) ASUS Proart at $10399 HKD
5) Or any other 4080SUPER you guys think I should go for.

Thank you very much for your help in advance!
My personal choice would be the ASUS TUF.

99% of the time, there's no significant difference among brands. (at least not so much that you'll pay extra for it) It comes down to what card you like personally.

Since different cards have different cooling methods/technologies, you should look at reviews of them to see what cards run cooler than the others, and if its worth paying more for.

With that said, if your case doesn't have good airflow, you'll probably need to go for a cooler card for minimal overheating issues. This wont be a big issue, but is worth considering.

Q: Your PSU should be able to handle it, so what's is your PSU model, and is it also around the same age as your old GPU? You might need to upgrade the PSU as well if its too old or cant support the new card.

Reactions: RedamnTion and boju

RedamnTion

Prominent
Nov 26, 2022
Thanks for your replies guys! I intend to upgrade the PSU as well:

I just upgraded my computer around half a year ago, and the specs are as follows:

NEW:
1) i7-13700F
2) B760M Aorus Elite AX
3) Thermalright Peerless Assassin
4) G. Skill Trident Z5 RGB 2x16GB
5) Fractal Design Pop Mini Air TBG Black (Micro ATX)

OLD:
6) 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
7) Toshiba 3TB SATA3
8) Cooler Master V650F/650W Power Supply
9) Asus ROG Strix 1080ti

So I'm looking to change the GPU and the PSU I think~

RedamnTion

Prominent
Nov 26, 2022
My personal choice would be the ASUS TUF.

99% of the time, there's no significant difference among brands. (at least not so much that you'll pay extra for it) It comes down to what card you like personally.

Since different cards have different cooling methods/technologies, you should look at reviews of them to see what cards run cooler than the others, and if its worth paying more for.

With that said, if your case doesn't have good airflow, you'll probably need to go for a cooler card for minimal overheating issues. This wont be a big issue, but is worth considering.

Q: Your PSU should be able to handle it, so what's is your PSU model, and is it also around the same age as your old GPU? You might need to upgrade the PSU as well if its too old or cant support the new card.
Thanks so much for your help! I posted my specs above~

RedamnTion

Prominent
Nov 26, 2022
You might want to include links to all the GPU's you've listed above. As it stands I see two SKU's for the ProART. We've established that you're located in Hong Kong due to your currency.

Make and model of your case and your PSU's make and model and age?
Thanks for helping out! I posted my specs above not as a specific reply to anyone