[SOLVED] Difference between DirectX Web and DirectX June 2010 ?

Leon232002

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
Hello!
I hope I chose the right topic.

I just reinstalled my OS ( Windows 10 Pro ) and after installing Apex Legends it gave me an error while trying to launch the game. I searched on the Internet and I found out I have to download by myself all of these : Visual C++ Redistributable 2015-2019 and DirectX.

The problem seemed strange to me at first but it made sense after I realized that the other times I installed Apex I already had those components automatically installed by Steam games. This time I installed Apex first.

So my questions are :

1) What's the difference between DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer and DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) ?

2) Do they have anything in common ? Is one of them included in the other one ?

3) How can I find out if I already installed them ? If I run their installer again, will it tell me that it's already installed and I can only repair DirectX ?

4) If I type "dxdiag" in the Run Box, I can see I already have DirectX 12 (it's obvious because it comes with Windows 10). So these 2 types of DirectX are something in addition, like it says on the official site : "Note that this package does not modify the DirectX Runtime installed on your Windows OS in any way. ", am I right ?

5) Should I install both of them ?

Thank you for your time and I'm sorry if I made any grammatical mistake.