difference between Gigabyte Aorus Z270X-Gaming 7 and the Aorus K7

Solution
Sorry, I think the keyboard answer missed the mark. There is an Aorus Z270x-Gaming K7 mobo (I just bought one) and I'm about to buy the "Gaming 7" for a different build.

Some of the big differences: the K7 has 7.1 audio (as long as you're willing to give up either the mic or line-in jack!) while the Gaming 7 only has 5.1. There's other audio differences, too, such as the op-amps used.

On the other hand, for on-board graphics (which is all I need for a DAW), the Gaming 7 has an "Integrated Graphics Processor+Intel Thunderbolt 3 Controller" but the K7 does not. The Gaming 7 also claims to have "Support for up to 3 displays at the same time", which I assume is handled by the on-board Thunderbolt capability. The K7 makes no such claim...

DocAudios

Honorable
Feb 18, 2017
Sorry, I think the keyboard answer missed the mark. There is an Aorus Z270x-Gaming K7 mobo (I just bought one) and I'm about to buy the "Gaming 7" for a different build.

Some of the big differences: the K7 has 7.1 audio (as long as you're willing to give up either the mic or line-in jack!) while the Gaming 7 only has 5.1. There's other audio differences, too, such as the op-amps used.

On the other hand, for on-board graphics (which is all I need for a DAW), the Gaming 7 has an "Integrated Graphics Processor+Intel Thunderbolt 3 Controller" but the K7 does not. The Gaming 7 also claims to have "Support for up to 3 displays at the same time", which I assume is handled by the on-board Thunderbolt capability. The K7 makes no such claim.

There's differences on the back panel, too. The K7 has a couple of USB 2 ports while the Gaming 7 has none. Instead, the latter has one more USB 3.1.

Hope this is more on the mark than the keyboard reply!

Solution