I need at least an 8-10 TB external drive and am considering:
- Lacie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 RAID drive (8 TB)
- Lacie d2 Thunderbolt 3 drive (10 TB)
- If I understand correctly, if I set the RAID drive up as RAID 0 or RAID 1, it gives me 4 TB maximum capacity. Is this correct?
- If I set the RAID drive up as JBOD, it gives me 8 TB capacity. Is this correct?
- If I set the RAID drive up as JBOD, can I create 2 volumes, one 6TB and one 2 TB, or can each volume be no larger than 4TB?
- Is there any advantage to getting the RAID drive and setting it up as JBOD over the other Lacie drive which is just one disk?