Difference between (k) and (non)

Divine90

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
What is the difference between i5 6600k and i5 6600 non (k) version. I mean i know that the i5 6600k is for overclocking but i wanna confirm that 6600k and 6600 have same performance untill you overclock i5 6600k. Overall they both have same performance?

Solution
It used to be that the only difference for the i5 between k and non k was the unlocked multiplier. Now the tdp is a bit different as well as the stock clock speeds being a little faster on the k series. More in line with the 4th gen i7's where the 4790k was faster out of the box than the 4790. Performance will still be similar but no they won't have the same performance. The 6600k will be faster.

Lutfij

Titan
The K suffix denotes that the processor is an unlocked variant and ca be overclocked due to the unlocked multiplier. Processor of this range don't need to undergo BCLK overclocking. The i5-6600K is also rated at 91W TDP as opposed to the non K variant which is 65W so less heat output for the non K and on that subject, the K variant doesn't come with a stock cooler since logically Intel figured enthusiasts will buy an aftermarket cooler anyway for overclocking.

It used to be that the only difference for the i5 between k and non k was the unlocked multiplier. Now the tdp is a bit different as well as the stock clock speeds being a little faster on the k series. More in line with the 4th gen i7's where the 4790k was faster out of the box than the 4790. Performance will still be similar but no they won't have the same performance. The 6600k will be faster.

Solution