[SOLVED] Difference between the asus rog rtx strix rtx 2060 6gb and the asus rog strix rtx 2060 6gb evo

Apr 1, 2020
So I'm building my very first pc, and I picked the rtx 2060 for my gpu I chose asus since alot suggested it for me but I've hit a wall trying to find the difference between the asus rog strix rtx 2060 6gb OC (https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-Overclocked-Graphics-ROG-STRIX-RTX-2060-O6G/dp/B07MLTTDXS) and the asus rog strix rtx 2060 6gb OC evo gaming(https://www.amazon.com/Axial-tech-T...words=asus+rog+rtx+2060&qid=1596491037&sr=8-2). The first one is for 650$ and the latter for 360$. The evo one seems sketchy it's almost half the price and they're almost identical and has no reviews. Can anyone validate if this is not a scam and if there is any difference between the two ? Also I looked up on the asus official website and did a comparison between the two they're identical.

Solution
Differences:
-more aggressive factory core overclock applied
-heatsink and fans

Link 1 is sold and shipped by a 3rd party seller that appears to have price gouged it to hell... that's 2070 Super - 2080 territory!
Link2 is sold and shipped by Amazon, who didn't gouge and is selling at, or around the retail price.

Prices on all the Turing cards should start rising, if they haven't already; Nvidia shuts down production of the old, as they start on the new.
As for why they rise instead of fall... beats me, but that's what happens. I bought my 1080Ti when it first launched at 699USD. A few months before the 20 series was set to launch, it went up in price(retail).
It wasn't long before it was over 1000USD...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Differences:
-heatsink and fans

Link 1 is sold and shipped by a 3rd party seller that appears to have price gouged it to hell... that's 2070 Super - 2080 territory!
Link2 is sold and shipped by Amazon, who didn't gouge and is selling at, or around the retail price.

Prices on all the Turing cards should start rising, if they haven't already; Nvidia shuts down production of the old, as they start on the new.
As for why they rise instead of fall... beats me, but that's what happens. I bought my 1080Ti when it first launched at 699USD. A few months before the 20 series was set to launch, it went up in price(retail).

Solution
Apr 1, 2020
Differences:
-heatsink and fans

Ohh that makes sense, so is it safe to order it ?

Jan 5, 2021
Hello, i am late on the topic but as I was looking for the same answer, this is what I have found: the evo gaming version has 3 heat pipes instead of 6, circled ventilators, one 8 pins conn. instead of 6+6. It is like if they used the gtx 1660 ti rog strix body with the 2060 chip. I bought the evo gaming myself and it works very well, silently and with no heat whatsoever.

TRENDING THREADS