Question Difference between these near-identical RAM?

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Combinations such as you propose have no guarantee to be compatible together. Such a set up may cause the memory to be no longer able to operate at rated specifications.

Workarounds to get extra memory to work include:
Lower memory clock speed
Relax DRAM timings
Increase DRAM voltage

Sep 5, 2018
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Combinations such as you propose have no guarantee to be compatible together. Such a set up may cause the memory to be no longer able to operate at rated specifications.

Workarounds to get extra memory to work include:
Lower memory clock speed
Relax DRAM timings
Increase DRAM voltage
but... everthings the same... including the things you mentioned. what exactly should i be changing when they are already the same?

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
so basically the only difference is the name?

ram has a lot going on under the hood slight differences can mess them up from working together some mother boards are better at making things work but generally you want to by a dual channel kit that are the exact same in every way those two are different models so they would most likely be optimised for different systems like intel or amd and other slight changes etc

Sep 5, 2018
ram has a lot going on under the hood slight differences can mess them up from working together some mother boards are better at making things work but generally you want to by a dual channel kit that are the exact same in every way those two are different models so they would most likely be optimised for different systems like intel or amd and other slight changes etc
Thanks a bunch. i guess ill just try to get the same ones. if i cant i just stick with the branch and hope for the best.