[SOLVED] Difference between these two Rams

joejackson700

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
AVADirect.com is selling two rams that are virtually the same but one has a 2n at the end of the numbers that have to do with the CL. I know 2n is not supposed to be as good as 1n. The other ram does not have a 2n or a 1n at the end of it and I don't know how to identify what it is. So I'm wondering if that ram would be better. I will list the two rams below.

32GB Kit (4 x 8GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz, CL16-16-16-36, Black-Silver, RGB LED, DIMM Memory
SKU: 12911654

32GB Kit (4 x 8GB) Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600MHz, CL16, Black, RGB LED, DIMM Memory
SKU: 11070976

Solution
In one of the QVLs (for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors X570) these two are in. It'd be damn interesting if a 5th (5000) gen. cpu or another refuses to work normally with them on this motherboard. It's good to prefer s.th. from the QVL corresponding to your system, would it be a 5000-Ryzen cpu or else, but if you have hot offers now, go for it...especially if you have any kind of return options.

As for the 2n-1n thing, it is more likely that they are both 2n, but in the one with the unknown "n" at least there's some chance to be 1n. Can you actually ask the seller about it? Idk where you buy from.

joejackson700

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
Last edited:
In one of the QVLs (for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors X570) these two are in. It'd be damn interesting if a 5th (5000) gen. cpu or another refuses to work normally with them on this motherboard. It's good to prefer s.th. from the QVL corresponding to your system, would it be a 5000-Ryzen cpu or else, but if you have hot offers now, go for it...especially if you have any kind of return options.

As for the 2n-1n thing, it is more likely that they are both 2n, but in the one with the unknown "n" at least there's some chance to be 1n. Can you actually ask the seller about it? Idk where you buy from.

Solution

joejackson700

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020

It be with the amd 5900x. What is s.th.