Question Difference between XFX and other brands?

Armannn

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2014
I am planning to upgrade my graphics card to an RX 6600 and I noticed that XFX RX 6600 swft 210 is much cheaper than the rx 6600 Sapphire Pulse. Why? What's the difference? Do I gain or lose anything if I go with XFX? Thanks.

Solution
performance is pretty much the same across all the 6600 models.

difference is usually the board design itself and the cooling solution. you have to look at reviews of each model to see what is under the hood.

some run cooler or quieter or have a factory overclock or other design changes.

there is a "reference" design that amd/nvidia send to the brands. they usually use it and put multiple cooling solutions on it. then they make a custom board and multiple coolers for it. that's why one brand can have 6 or more models for the same chip.

individual differences are shown through reviews as they compare them to other models and chips.

but again, for the 6600 cards, they all perform about the same. grab the best price or the one...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
performance is pretty much the same across all the 6600 models.

difference is usually the board design itself and the cooling solution. you have to look at reviews of each model to see what is under the hood.

some run cooler or quieter or have a factory overclock or other design changes.

there is a "reference" design that amd/nvidia send to the brands. they usually use it and put multiple cooling solutions on it. then they make a custom board and multiple coolers for it. that's why one brand can have 6 or more models for the same chip.

individual differences are shown through reviews as they compare them to other models and chips.

but again, for the 6600 cards, they all perform about the same. grab the best price or the one that looks the best to you. pretty low powered cards so they all run pretty cool.

Reactions: Armannn
Solution