Differences between haswell pentiums

johnmanth

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014
So, what is the differences between all lga1150 pentiums ? All of them have 3 mb cache 2 cores and 2 threads and same lithography (22 nm) i don't think that only the core clock can make a difference. for example the g3220 has 3 ghz, the g3258 has 3.2 ghz but it has much better single core performance( and the unlocked multiplier cannot increase the performance)

The 3258 is a year newer than the 3220. I believe the 3220 is a locked multiplier cpu where the 3258 is not. The 3258 can be overclocked pretty nice to 4.5 or 4.6ghz for many people, maybe slightly higher if you're lucky enough to get a really good overclocker. I'm not sure what you meant by 'unlocked multiplier cannot increase performance', it most certainly does if you pair it with an oc capable motherboard and decent aftermarket cooler. Almost reaching the performance of an i3 in a lot of games. Being able to hit around 4.6ghz on a $65 cpu isn't bad at all.

johnmanth

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014

i am talking about stock speeds

Stock speeds no there isn't much difference. The perks of the anniversary edition g3528 was the fact it's a low cost low budget good overclocker. Useful as a very capable cpu for extremely low budget systems or as something for enthusiasts to play around with, a throwback to the old pentium days when a cheap cpu could be overclocked pretty high. Also good for people who want to learn to overclock and are afraid of damaging their cpu. At $65 it's much cheaper to replace than potentially overclocking and killing a $330 i7 (though someone would have to almost go out of their way with 0 knowledge to permanently kill newer chips with overclocking).