[SOLVED] different brand, same gpu card

officialtejas

Commendable
Feb 11, 2018
so, i'm building a pc off youtube and the youtuber purchased a ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 Super.

does the card have to be specifically ZOTAC GAMING? can i get the same exact card from a different company?
i'm terrible with computers so any feedback helps :)

Solution
GPU brand does not affect compatibility, only the design, cooler, etc will be different, only thing you'll have to make sure is that the one you're buying is not too big for your case physically. If the card you have and the Youtuber's card have the same number of fans, there's a good chance they both will fit in the same case, but it's still a good idea to check GPU clearance of your case in the specifications, as well as the length of the specific card you're buying, to make sure the GPU isn't too big for the case. Other than that, there will be no problems.
GPU brand does not affect compatibility, only the design, cooler, etc will be different, only thing you'll have to make sure is that the one you're buying is not too big for your case physically. If the card you have and the Youtuber's card have the same number of fans, there's a good chance they both will fit in the same case, but it's still a good idea to check GPU clearance of your case in the specifications, as well as the length of the specific card you're buying, to make sure the GPU isn't too big for the case. Other than that, there will be no problems.

Reactions: officialtejas
Solution