[SOLVED] Different branded RAM, will it work/break PC?

emirkir

Reputable
Apr 26, 2019
Hello.
I know this is a debated topic, but can you mix different branded RAMs?

Long story short: the reason I need to mix is that those sticks that I already own, are not for sale anymore.
And, I do a lot of editing, gaming (Cities: Skylines for example, RAM-consuming game haha) and other stuff which means my RAM is almost always maxed out, I need 16 GB (I have 8 GB now).
BUT... I think I've found some sticks that are fairly cheap (for my wallet) and have similar specs.

I do not know that much about RAM and some help would've been appreciated!
Not really wanting to throw away those that I own though and buy a completely new set, because it isn't worth it (the computer is not that good...).

Enough talking, these are the ones that I have now and those that I've found that I think would work...

I OWN:
Ballistix Sport LT Red DDR4 2666 MHz (2x4 GB)
Link to specs: Google Drive
Link to site where I bought them (Swedish): NetOnNet.se

TO BUY?:
HyperX 8GB (2x4 GB) DDR4 2666 MHz CL16 Fury
Link to site where I would buy them (Swedish): Inet.se or Proshop.se

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 MHz 8 GB
Link to site where I would buy them (Swedish): Komplett.se

I cannot decide whether these will work together, I do not have that knowledge.
But they do have the same voltage, frequency and timing, so that's good, I guess?

Thank you for any opinions/answers in advance!

[Edit: added another alternative]

Last edited:
What motherboard do you have?
Typically when mixing different ram we advise people not to (especially on ddr4 platform) , since it may or may not work.
But if you can return those new stick's after seeing that they arent working (im not saying that they wont, just showing possible outcomes) and get your money back, i dont see a problem with it.
Good luck!

emirkir

Reputable
Apr 26, 2019
Should I contact Gigabyte or the RAM-manufacturers if it'd work?
I could buy and return but then I need to know:
Can different branded RAM break the PC if it doesn't work? (damages after removing them?)

TRENDING THREADS