different code endings for the same Quadro P4000

Feb 24, 2018
I am intending to build a new workstation with a Quadro P4000.
While searching for prices, I found at least 4 different codes and prices for the same product:
1NM40AT $895.40
Q0V78A $1,540.70
1ME40AA $1,291.26
1JP24AV $1,005.80
last price also with codes Z5H06AV, Z5J37AV, Z5J38AV
Are these codes only for retailers and taboo for endusers-curtomers?
Please explain.

Solution

The price is not due to the code, it is where you are buying it from. Outside of the well know sites like Amazon, Newegg, B&H Photo has good prices, you will find prices at MSRP and in some cases higher. Some are so they can apply discounts to the products and still make a profit. Offering a business 40% off on a 40% markup gets you the same profit. Also...
Links to those products would be helpful.

What codes are these you are talking about? Are they part numbers for the card itself, or the vendor number specific to their site?

From Amazon and Newegg the P4000 is in the low $800 range, so buy from there. Prices can vary a lot, if you by it directly from HP or Dell for example you will be paying more.

Feb 24, 2018
Maybe I should have added that I mentionned a HP Z4 G4 and the codes are also HP codes. I found these trough Google on a single Canadian HP website. If you fill in the search field with simply "Nvidia Quadro P4000", you will see the same codes and prices I mentionned in my first message.
Nobody is able to explain why the same card cost more or less, depending its code.

The price is not due to the code, it is where you are buying it from. Outside of the well know sites like Amazon, Newegg, B&H Photo has good prices, you will find prices at MSRP and in some cases higher. Some are so they can apply discounts to the products and still make a profit. Offering a business 40% off on a 40% markup gets you the same profit. Also you said that was Canada sites, are all the prices in the same currency? The first $900 price looks to be in USD, which would be about 1,200 Canadian.

Short story, get the card from a well know retailer at the lowest price you can find.

Those codes are likely just the vendor numbers for the part, not model numbers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS