Different CPU tempratures. overheating? what's the difference between programs. Need help.

mojo5040

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Hello everyone I have 3 questions. First of all which program is better currently I have 4 different programs as you can see in the picture
2fd307e2c90eef7d06b76761910133d7

http://gyazo.com/2fd307e2c90eef7d06b76761910133d7
^click link for photo please.

all 4 of the programs show different results in temprature and I Do not know which one I should believe. when I'm playing a game for example speedfan says my CPU gets up to 75 C!!! which is not understandable at all, my room is not hot. my fan works well I have an extra fan that runs great and the CPU is a year old.

secondly what do I really look at when I check tempratures do I look at the CPU or do I look at the cores because when the CPU says its 60 C the cores sometimes are only at 30.

and thirdly if you look at the right of the picture at coretemp and asrock utility you can see they are showing my FX-6300 at 3,7GHZ even nearing 3,8.. its supposed to run at 3.5! I did NOT OC my CPU what's wrong with it ???

sorry for any errors i'm not native english can anyone please help me?

with regards

Solution
I can answer to your first question. You can download CPU-Z. Is a free software, its preety accurate and it also gives you some info about your gpu, motherboard, ram etc. Now about the 75C this does not mean that you have a hot room. As far as i know lets say that CPUs temperature without a fan when on load is (example) 100C. When you have the cooler on the cpu it says 50C. This does not mean that your cpu now works at 50C. Under the cooling under the cpu, your cpus heat is still 100C but the fan cools it to 50C. So my point is maybe you should consider buying a new cooling for your cpu (if this problem is from the first day you bought it) but before you procide to any expenses try downloading CPU-Z first to see if theres any...

americanbrian

Distinguished
It has a turbo function that will boost core speeds. The maximum core temp looks like 66C, but from the GPU max temp recorded I don't think those pictures show it under load.

You may need to check that the HS/F is attached properly.

mojo5040

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the high tempratures. The first thing I did was check if it was properly attached and it is ..

also when speedfan is saying my CPU is 60 degrees and I carefully touch the heatsink I don't burn my finger because its "that hot" it feels more like 30-40 degrees ( celsius )

Theodwros Tenizis

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2014
I can answer to your first question. You can download CPU-Z. Is a free software, its preety accurate and it also gives you some info about your gpu, motherboard, ram etc. Now about the 75C this does not mean that you have a hot room. As far as i know lets say that CPUs temperature without a fan when on load is (example) 100C. When you have the cooler on the cpu it says 50C. This does not mean that your cpu now works at 50C. Under the cooling under the cpu, your cpus heat is still 100C but the fan cools it to 50C. So my point is maybe you should consider buying a new cooling for your cpu (if this problem is from the first day you bought it) but before you procide to any expenses try downloading CPU-Z first to see if theres any difference. ( http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html ).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS