Question Different Hz values on the same model monitors

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
Greetings, all!

I'm stumped on this one.

I have three identical monitors, the Acer 34" Fire Legend (Sold as AOpen), Model # 34HC5CUR.

Link to Micro Center for details: https://www.microcenter.com/product...z-ultrawide-curved-screen-gaming-monitor?ob=1

I'm not sure if I won a monitor lottery or if something is weird with how they communicate with the GPU. One of these three can be selected to go to 165Hz while the other two are stuck at 144Hz, as I do realize that 144Hz is the standard rated speed. I've noticed that, in the Adrenalin Display setups and the Windows Display Settings, the two that are slower are stuck at 6-bit depth, while the faster one is at 8-bit depth. I've tried to change these from 6- to 8-bit in Adrenalin, and it simply reverts the other two back to 6-bit and will absolutely not hold the 8-bit selection. I've also tried it from the "Display adapter properties for Display _" in Advanced Display Settings as well, and the maximum selectable for the other two also goes no faster than 144Hz on any of the selections.

I've tried switching around DP cables and this has no effect. I've physically moved the "faster" monitor from the side to the center, and it retains the 165Hz selectable rating. I've also gone through the menus on the monitor itself and I see nothing that is manually selectable that allows a higher Hz.

Did I just get lucky with the one? Or is there something I might be missing with the other two somewhere that I'm not seeing that might allow them to also hit 165Hz? It's not at all a big deal if they can't be accelerated, but I'm mainly just curious on this matter.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How are the three monitors physically connected to the host system? Are you able to make a simple sketch to scan or photograph? Then post the image here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Or just describe the connections if a sketch or photograph is not possible.

= = = =

If you right click an empty area of the desktop a pop-up menu should appear with a "Show more options" selection. Click "Show more options".

Do you see the GPU's Control Panel listed? Will the Control Panel open? Check the options and configuration setting therein.

TRENDING THREADS