Different info displaying in Disk Utility for Toshiba X300 4TB. Why?

sngraphics

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Just installed a Toshiba X300 4TB in my MacPro.
Partitioned and erased with Apple's Disk Utility,
Why does it display different info in Disk Utility (at the bottom) for this drive as compared to my other 3 drives?

Example: when the Toshiba drive is selected it displays:
Name : Toshiba-4TB-X300_Bay3_SN-X6MAKPN2F58D Capacity : 4 TB (4,000,443,056,128 Bytes)
Type : Logical Volume Group Available : 16.6 MB (16,560,128 Bytes)
Disk Status : Online Used : 4 TB (4,000,426,496,000 Bytes)

When any other drive is selected they display:
Disk Description : ST2000DM001-9YN164 Media Total Capacity : 2 TB (2,000,398,934,016 Bytes)
Connection Bus : SATA Status : Read/Write
Connection Type : Internal S.M.A.R.T. Status : Verified
Connection ID : "Bay 1" Partition Map Scheme : GUID Partition Table

Why the difference in the info that is displayed?
Why did it change the Disk name to the same as the volume name after partitioning?
Is anything wrong with these Toshiba drives or is that normal?

Ahmed Ifham

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
Hey. just use crystal diskmark. and check if the Transfer Read and Write Speeds are same as the manufacturer specifications.. if its matches there is no problem also try creaging a partition and select that partition and check for description in the drive. There is no problem i dont think so. Just check if its the read and write speeds . Nothing to worry

sngraphics

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

I have one installed internal in MacPro and have one attached external via USB 3.0.
(I have 2 of these drives)

***I did have one strange thing happen while working with these drives.***

When I erased the external with Disk Utility all of a sudden the correct info appeared at the bottom.

Why would the correct info show up in Disk Utility when attached external and not show up when attached internal?

Also I have SoftRaid Light installed.
When I Initialize the internal disk using SoftRaid then open up Disk Utility it shows the correct info for the disk.
Then when erasing again with Disk Utility the info returns to the incorrect info again.

Any ideas, thoughts, info on this one would be greatly appreciated.