Question Different memory frequency

Blaj Sergiu

Reputable
Nov 26, 2019
Hello , only 8gb of my 16 are shown as usable.
I have 2 sticks of ram of the same frequency 3000 , placed in slots 2 and 4.
The problem appeared today after i reinstalled the os , windows 10 home edition.
Things i did but didn't solve the problem : updated bios , activated xmp profile , switched ram positions , cleaned the slots of dust.
Weird thing , on the xmp profile one ram its shown with 3000mhz and the other with 2400 . I can change the 3000 one with what value i want but the 2400 one stay fixed whatever i do.
Before the reinstall of the os both worked on 3000mhz with the xmp profile on.
My pc:
mobo: A320M-S2H V2-CF
cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
ram: 16GB Kit(2x8GB) DDR4 3000mhz CL 16 TeamGroup
gpu: geforce gtx 1060 aero itx 6gb
hdd : 500gb toshiba

please help me :d

Try shutting down the PC and unplugging it from the wall. Then reseat each RAM stick by removing them and pushing them back into place. Make sure both ends of each stick are fully in the respective RAM slot. Then do a CLEAR CMOS according to page 19 of your motherboard's user manual that you can download from here. After that, plug your PC back in and turn it on.

This may help and may not. Give it a go.

Reactions: Blaj Sergiu

Blaj Sergiu

Reputable
Nov 26, 2019
Try shutting down the PC and unplugging it from the wall. Then reseat each RAM stick by removing them and pushing them back into place. Make sure both ends of each stick are fully in the respective RAM slot. Then do a CLEAR CMOS according to page 19 of your motherboard's user manual that you can download from here. After that, plug your PC back in and turn it on.

This may help and may not. Give it a go.
Thank you so much , this solved the problem , now all 16gb are on use and 3000 mhz works for both ^^.