[SOLVED] Different ram speeds for Ryzen 5800x

Zenthloc

Prominent
Aug 31, 2020
I'm sure this has been asked many times before but I couldn't find the answer on Google. I'm upgrading my PC and with the new r7 5800x performance scales to an extent with ram speeds so I picked up a 2x8 3600mhz kit for the dual channel benefits. If I put the same ram model just 3000mhz in the other two slots, will I be missing out on performance? I'll probably fill them anyways since the performance loss wcs would be negledgable but still curious.

Solution
I'm sure this has been asked many times before but I couldn't find the answer on Google. I'm upgrading my PC and with the new r7 5800x performance scales to an extent with ram speeds so I picked up a 2x8 3600mhz kit for the dual channel benefits. If I put the same ram model just 3000mhz in the other two slots, will I be missing out on performance? I'll probably fill them anyways since the performance loss wcs would be negledgable but still curious.
if you are planning on using 2 different ram kits, the first recommendation is to not use two different ones on Ryzen processors specifically, Intel isn't as bad. If you were to try to use 2 different kits, the higher frequency kit would have to be limited to the frequency of the...
Oct 13, 2021
if you are planning on using 2 different ram kits, the first recommendation is to not use two different ones on Ryzen processors specifically, Intel isn't as bad. If you were to try to use 2 different kits, the higher frequency kit would have to be limited to the frequency of the lower speed kit, so your more expensive 3600mhz ram would have to be limited to the 3000mhz ram.

Reactions: Zenthloc
Solution