[SOLVED] Different ram stick for accident

thatskuroo

Prominent
Jun 21, 2020
Hello everyone, I'll try to be brief I need a help about a problem with my ram sticks.
When I first built my desktop pc, for a matter of availability, I had to buy two different ram sticks.
Accidentally I bought those with different frequencies, and because of that it happens very often that my pc stutters or freezes for a second whatever i'm doing, even in games.
Unfortunately, when I figured out the problem the time to be refunded about the sticks expired.
So my question is, in the meantime I buy another bank equal to one of the two, is there a way in the bios to set the current ones as similarly as possible?

These are the first stick info and these the second one.

Thanks in advance.

"So my question is, in the meantime I buy another bank equal to one of the two, is there a way in the bios to set the current ones as similarly as possible? "

I'm not sure what you mean.....but if you can get a stick that's like either one of the first two.....I would power down and try the two matched sticks without doing anything to the BIOS.

I think they may work fine.

thatskuroo

Prominent
Jun 21, 2020
"So my question is, in the meantime I buy another bank equal to one of the two, is there a way in the bios to set the current ones as similarly as possible? "

I'm not sure what you mean.....but if you can get a stick that's like either one of the first two.....I would power down and try the two matched sticks without doing anything to the BIOS.

I think they may work fine.
Maybe what I said didn't make lot of sense :sweatsmile:
At the moment I can't buy the other ram stick, and I was wondering if in the meantime, something like frequencies or some other values can be set similar between those two sticks, at least to solve this freezing problem.

At the moment I can't buy the other ram stick, and I was wondering if in the meantime, something like frequencies or some other values can be set similar between those two sticks, at least to solve this freezing problem.
I don't think so.
Usually the memory settings in the BIOS affect all the sticks.
You can't set specific settings for each stick.

Solution

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED

You can try and run both sticks at the Kingston stick's speed. 2666 Mhz, 15-17-17-etc. Doesn't hurt to try.