[SOLVED] Different RGB Components

saint666

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
Hi

I'm doing a new build and noticed that a lot of the components have an RGB feature that is made by different manufacturers.

Therefore more I'm wondering if it's possible to control all the RGB features through a single software and which software will it be related e.g the motherboard or the case (iCUe). Or do I need some independent software if that exists

For your easy reference, the components that contain RGB/lighting features are

• Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
  • NZXT Kraken X63 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Thermaltake Riing Duo 14 RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition (3-Fan Pack)
  • G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB AORUS Video Card
  • Corsair Crystal Series 680X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case (Preinstalled case fans)
  • Logitech G915 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Keyboard
Really appreciate you assistance

Solution
yeah aware hence the combination I suggested in my previous post...

But what about the components that are compatible with iCUE, will the program function with the Gigabyte motherboard?

In essence, I'm aware that it won't be possible to control all the RGB through 1 program, but what about if controlling then through 2 programs Gigabyte Fusion and iCUE

iCUE will work just fine (hell, I'm using Gigabyte and iCUE myself). Just to properly control the Corsair lights, you'll want to use the iCUE solutions.

saint666

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
Unfortunately, there's no one clear standard for RGB, so you're not going to find a one size fits all. Each part will list what it's compatible with. There's no easy solution when you go across so many RGB ecosystems.

well, I'm not willing to compromise getting the most suitable component for the sake of RGB management.

ill change the NZXT cooling and Thermaltake fans. Therefore all Case fans CPU cooling fans will be managed on corsair ICUE

Motherboard, GPU, and RAM will be done on Gigabyte software

The question is will Gigabyte (motherboard) allow me to make changes to the RGB through the component-specific software?

DSzymborski

Titan
well, I'm not willing to compromise getting the most suitable component for the sake of RGB management.

ill change the NZXT cooling and Thermaltake fans. Therefore all Case fans CPU cooling fans will be managed on corsair ICUE

Motherboard, GPU, and RAM will be done on Gigabyte software

The question is will Gigabyte (motherboard) allow me to make changes to the RGB through the component-specific software?

The motherboard, GPU, and RAM shouldn't be a problem as they're all compatible with RGB Fusion (Gigabyte's solution).

saint666

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
The motherboard, GPU, and RAM shouldn't be a problem as they're all compatible with RGB Fusion (Gigabyte's solution).

But what about the components that are compatible with iCUE, will the program function with the Gigabyte motherboard?

In essence, I'm aware that it won't be possible to control all the RGB through 1 program, but what about if controlling then through 2 programs Gigabyte Fusion and iCUE

DSzymborski

Titan

iCUE will work just fine (hell, I'm using Gigabyte and iCUE myself). Just to properly control the Corsair lights, you'll want to use the iCUE solutions.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS