Different ScreenSaver and Lock Workstation timeouts

jhancher

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
Hello, I'm part of an IT Support team for a medical facility and looking for some assistance. We run WinXP workstations in a Win2003 AD Domain.

We have a corporate screensaver that activates after 5 minutes of user inactivity, configured through Group Policy.

I have been instructed to password protect this screensaver, but only after 15 minutes of user inactivity.

I'm aware of the "ScreenSaverIsSecure" option within Group Policy, but there is no option to configure it's timeout.

Any suggestions, greatfully received.

LiquidZero

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011

I was wondering if you ever found out how to do what it is that you were trying to do.. And if you did, how you did it. I too have a cooperate screensaver that activates after five minutes and would like to set the account to lock after 30 minutes of inactivity. Your reply is greatly appreciated.

jhancher

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009

Hi LiquidZero

I eventually achieved this using a product called Desktop Authority. So, I use group policy to activate the screensaver after 5 mins (password protect feature unconfigured, so users can enable if they so desire) and use Desktop Authority to monitor user inactivity. After 20 mins of inactivity the screen is then password protected. Job Done.