Different Type of "Startup.nsh" Issue

Coltontb20

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Hey guys! I've been using my computer like normal with no problems whatsoever for a couple of months, but about 2 days ago, randomly out of nowhere when I turned on the monitor in the morning I saw the dreadful startup.nsh error. It also say's Press ESC in 1 seconds to skip startup.nsh, or any other key to continue". Nothing happens when I try pressing ESC or any other key! So I obviously looked up potential fixes and people said change the sata data cable, move to another sata data port, dadada, and it didn't fix it! So I decided to unplug the one HDD I have completely to see if that may be the problem, and it gave the same error. So I'm assuming its something with the HDD. Then I plugged it back in and tried doing the same things again multiple times and randomly it booted up! But when I got past the splash screen in Windows 8.1 to type in my password, it froze. So I let it sit there for 10 minutes to see if it would unfreeze, and nothing. I restarted the PC and again, startup.nsh -__-......... Anyone have any ideas what to do!?

Solution
Remount the hard drive in the laptop. If it has more than one stick of RAM, take out the others, and start it with only one to see if it is a RAM issue.

Coltontb20

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

Okay I put it on an external HDD and it's opening on my Laptop

Coltontb20

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

Yes it's reading the hard drive on the external on my Laptop

Coltontb20

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

okay so how do I remount it? and I only have one stick of Corsair Vengeance 8GB. So I'll do that right now and move it to another DIMM

Coltontb20

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

Or not. I left it on for a few hours and not using it, then I came back and it came up with the error in this picture.
4dbsng0in

http://postimg.org/image/4dbsng0in/
So I turned it off and turned it back on, and again...
nh543sdcv
Startup.nsh
http://postimg.org/image/nh543sdcv/