Different voltage to each core?

stevenhorton

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
I have installed Speedfan and noticed an odd reading. One core of my dualcore E6600 is 1.33V and the other is listed at 1.9V. The other odd thing is according to TAT the core running @ 1.9V also averages 3 degrees cooler C at idle and under load.
As far as I know, there is no way to set individual voltages for each core, therefore no way to correct the two different voltages.
Is it common for Speedfan to give false reading?

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
I have installed Speedfan and noticed an odd reading. One core of my dualcore E6600 is 1.33V and the other is listed at 1.9V. The other odd thing is according to TAT the core running @ 1.9V also averages 3 degrees cooler C at idle and under load.
As far as I know, there is no way to set individual voltages for each core, therefore no way to correct the two different voltages.
1.9 sounds wrong, tooo high 8O

All/most of these programs have been known to give false readings in certain situations.

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
There is no way to supply different voltage to each core, speedfan is reading a value and placing it in the wrong field- odds are something else is getting 1.9V.

CompuTronix

Intel Master

Download SpeedFan Beta 4.32 and give it a try. It now also monitors core temps.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Hope this helps. 8)