Different windows on 2 HD

Badmere

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
If I'm running windows 10 on my primary ssd and I have an HDD with windows 7 on it (I never wiped it) as a secondary drive, will running games from the HDD have any issues?

Solution
it shouldn't, if they steam games. Steam games don't have registry entries so if you point the default game library location at old steam library, it should find the game files and not need you to download them again.

Same thing sort of applies to WOW and GOG

If the games aren't steam games, they may not work without a reinstall on win 10.

Win 10 just sees the drive as a storage drive, its not special in anyway to it. IT does know win 7 is there (if you run dual boot) as it won't let you run disk management on drive and formnat it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it shouldn't, if they steam games. Steam games don't have registry entries so if you point the default game library location at old steam library, it should find the game files and not need you to download them again.

Same thing sort of applies to WOW and GOG

If the games aren't steam games, they may not work without a reinstall on win 10.

Win 10 just sees the drive as a storage drive, its not special in anyway to it. IT does know win 7 is there (if you run dual boot) as it won't let you run disk management on drive and formnat it.

Solution