Difficulty installing new RAM

InfiniteVector

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
I'm having issues installing ram on a fairly old PC. The system takes only DDr2 and it had only a single 1 GB module installed.

Now the problem comes when i tried to install an additional 2 GB dimm. It doesn't seem to fit completely in the middle, as i can barely see a bit of the pins around notch in the middle, while the sides are completely in. I also had to move the clips manually as i inserted the ram to lock it properly. It didn't just snap in. It's probably too old

I don't know if this is really gonna give problems, because the PC boots just fine and it detects all the ram.

InfiniteVector

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
Sorry for the delays on any updates. I cleaned it all, and it was still not fitting properly.

Now, i haven seen any problems showing on normal use. But i did try some applications and games, and i noticed that the screen freezes and unfreezes constantly on menus and gameplay. Tried several games, and it only seems to have this freezing problem on 3d stuff. Im not sure if it has to do with the RAM or if it's something else.