Difficulty installing Zoo Tycoon2

For Zoo Tycoon 2 the error states it is "setup.exe -- Application error" and
reads
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Clink on OK to
terminate the application."

I have been unable to determine any ways to resolve this and am becoming
quite frustrated. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

If this does not work go to atari.com and see if there is a patch you can
download for your computer it worked for me.!