[SOLVED] Difficulty with Laptop CMOS/Bios Reset

Dec 4, 2021
I have an ASUS - TUF Gaming 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX3050 Ti - 512GB SSD.

Model FX706HE-211.TM17.

I need some help doing a hard BIOS reset by resetting the CMOS. I am unable to find the CMOS on my laptops motherboard.

I have searched for documentation, YouTube videos, Reddit, and even this forum.

Currently attempting to reset by removing the main battery and pressing power button for a minute. Last time I tried it did not reset the BIOS.

I’m not sure if it’s hiding somewhere sneakily, it’s on the back of the motherboard, or there is a button or a switch. There seems to be some sort of button (square block) directly above the power port but I’m not pressing it unless I know what it does. I have looked underneath RAM and even the trackpad but nothing seems to scream CMOS. I know there are several variations of a CMOS but unsure here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
There usually is a small battery on the laptop's mainboard.

The battery looks like this

81jbiOwMFyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Normally you can find it by removing the keyboard, it's not always easily accessible but with a small tweezer you can remove it.
There usually is a small battery on the laptop's mainboard.

The battery looks like this

81jbiOwMFyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Normally you can find it by removing the keyboard, it's not always easily accessible but with a small tweezer you can remove it.

Solution