Diffs between geforce 2 gts & pro? + AGP overclock

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
As my gigabyte tnt2pro is a COMPLETE AND UTTER PIECE OF S_H_I_T
i recently upgraded and got a leadtek winfast geforce 2 pro (32mb)
(looked at the overclocking window and its set to 200Mhz core, 400mhz (400mhz DDR) memory) for standard.
im just curious about what precisely is the difference between the
geforce 2 gts
geforce 2 pro
geforce 2 ultra

is it just the quality and running speed of the cards ram/GPU?
also... the leadtech card i have has a curious heatsink/fan arrangement... anyone have any data on how well it works?
(basically the heatsink is over the processor & the fan is to the right. blows air horizontally across the heatsink rather than down as in a more traditional sense.

Also... how does the leadtek geforce 2 pro handle an elivate AGP speed???
my fsb is overclocked to 150mhz, which means my agp is 75mhz, and i may try for higher later. anybody?

thanx

AMD chips run hot. The world is getting hotter. Therefore, AMD is causing Global Warming!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by LHGPooBaa on 07/10/01 11:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

the diff between the gts,pro,ultra is just how high it is clocked and ram quality but you generally can't get the gts to overlock to the speeds of a pro and so on and so fourth. The leadtek is a good card, it comes with hardware senors so you will be able to keep an eye on the temps.

G

btw, what would be cool to do is get a 60mm fan and put it on the middle sucking out. Having the one blowing in and the other sucking out would improve the airflow through the heatsink. I am going to be buying one of those real soon and will probably be doing something similar. If you do it let me know what kind of temps you got from doing it.

G

LOL, well hot "darn", my 64Mb GTS will only OC up to 210/400. Oh well.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
great! thanx.
not worried about 89mhz or above...
as i cant really get my fsb above 154-160 (hard drives take a crap) i wond have to deal with AGP speeds beyond 78-79.

P.S. got the pesky thermal pad removed off my processor. now running 50C full load, mobo 28. (thats at standard 1200 @ 150fsb)
knocked a good 8-10 deg C off the temp.

AMD chips run hot. The world is getting hotter. Therefore, AMD is causing Global Warming!

TRENDING THREADS